Listen to ACB Media
To listen to ACB Media, ask your Alexa device to
“Open ACB Media” Then say play ACB Media 1 through ACB Media 10 to hear that station.
Click Here to Listen to the ten live stations
CHILI SUPPER & SILENT AUCTION
- Host: South Central Association of the Visually Impaired (SCAVI)
- When: Saturday, October 9, 2021 from 4-7PM.
- Location: First Baptist Church, 1515 20th St., Bedford.
- Cost: $7 per person, children under 12 eat free.
- Auction: Place your bids on a variety of unique auction items and put your name in the hat for a door prize.
- Menu: Four types of chili, corn muffins, sandwiches, desserts and your choice of drink.
- Purpose: Help SCAVI raise funds to help people with vision loss in our community!.
- For tickets: call 812-675-0065.
Listen to ACB Indiana Information Station
Join us for ACB Indiana Information Station monthly zoom conference calls covering topics of interest to the blind and those with low vision, held every second Monday of the month at 7PM eastern, 6PM Central. To join us live, see announcements on the ACB Indiana email list. Not a member? Click here to subscribe To The ACB Of Indiana email list
Monday, September 13th at 7PM is our monthly Information Station call. September is library month, so in keeping we will hear from the Indiana State talkingbook library about their old and new services. Join us to make the conversation interesting and informative with your questions and comments. There have been a number of amendments proposed for our constitution and bylaws to be presented at and voted on at our annual…
Soon we will hold our joint state convention with ACB of Ohio and we’d like to see if anyone has any nominations for the awards listed below. If you have a nomination that meets the criteria, please let one of our ACBI board members know by October 11. It’s not necessary to have award recipients every year, only when someone qualifies. Hofstetter Award The Hofstetter Award is one of ACBI’s…
By Deanna Austin (information obtained from Don Koors) In July of 1961 the American Council of the Blind National Organization was formed. In the fall of 1971, it became apparent that Indiana needed to establish a state affiliate. Thanks to the Indianapolis Star Fund for the Blind, a mailing was sent to 8,000 legally blind Hoosiers inviting them to attend an in-person meeting at the Atkinson Hotel in downtown Indianapolis.…