On April 30, people with disabilities are invited to come learn about “sheltering in place.” Shelter-in-place means selecting a small, interior room, with few to no windows, and taking refuge there. Each person’s needs and abilities are unique, but everyone can take important steps to prepare for all kinds of disasters and have plans in place.
People with disabilities have special needs when it comes to their homes. With the help of many service providers, this seminar will provide the knowledge and resources to help people with disabilities prepare and stay safely in their homes.
- A Practical Approach to Sheltering in Place for People with Disabilities
- April 30, 9:00 am to 12:00 noon
- Marion County Health Department
- 4012 N Rural Street, Indianapolis Indiana
- For questions, contact presenter Kassandra Buster at (317)327-1478
- Email email@example.com
- Register for A Practical Approach to Sheltering in Place, April 30, 2019