The 2020 ACB Indiana/Ohio joint convention will be held on November 6-8 at the Hilton Garden Inn in Bloomington, Indiana. This hotel is only a half block off the downtown square which has many restaurants and shops to explore. The square is very accessible with audible crosswalk signals.
Hotel rooms have a refrigerator and a microwave in each room. The hotel has an indoor swimming pool and hot tub as well as an in-house restaurant. We are currently working on a theme, session topics and vendors for the exhibit hall. Bookmark and check this page regularly for the latest information.
Our Keynote Speaker will be Ron Brooks. Ron is well versed in all things having to do with accessible transportation and will be a terrific speaker to share his experiences and knowledge with us. He may also be conducting one of the sessions to discuss accessible transportation in more detail.
The planning committee is working to find some activities to do on Friday afternoon. Bloomington is a university town with endless possibilities. Be thinking about the auction as well! What items do you have or can make to sell at the auction?
Mark November 6-8 on your calendar and share with others. Let’s make convention 2020 one of the best!
2018 Convention Audio
FRIDAY, November 2, 2018
- 7:20 – p.m. Opening Session (Grand Ballroom)
- Keynote Speaker: Peter Berg, Great Lakes ADA Center, Chicago
- Listen to 2018 ACB Indiana Ohio Convention Opening Ceremonies and Keynote
- 9:00 – 11:00 p.m. Open Mike Night
- Listen to ACB Indiana Ohio 2018 Convention Open Mic Night
SATURDAY, November 3, 2018
- 8:30 – 10:00 a.m. ACB-Ohio Business Meeting
- Listen to ACB Ohio 2018 Convention Board Meeting
- Becoming conflict competent: Building better communication skills for better relationships
- Listen to Tips for Effective Conflict Resolution
- Accessible Transportation” Peter Berg, Great Lakes ADA Center, Chicago Illinois
- Listen to Accessible Transportation
- 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. Update on ACB by Katie Fredrick
- Listen to ACB Key Issues
- 1:30 – 2:00 p.m. Presentation of 2018 ACB-Ohio Scholarships
- Listen to Ohio Scholarships
- 2:15 – 3:15 p.m. Session Two: Two Concurrent Workshops:
- Vision research update: Genetics and your eye condition, easy ways to connect with clinical trials
- Windows 10 and the Visually Impaired
- Listen to Windows 10 Accessibility
- 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. “Emergency Preparedness: Be ready for anything, things to consider for when the communication systems fail” Nolan Crabb, ACBO
- 6:30 – 8:15 p.m. Banquet
- Speaker: Trisha Zorn-Hudson, all-time medal winner in swimming in the Paralympics
- Presentation of 2018 Awards
- Listen to 2018 ACB Indiana Ohio Convention Banquet
- 8:45 – 11:00 p.m. Auction
- Listen to ACB Indiana Ohio 2018 Auction
SUNDAY, November 4, 2018
- 8:15 – 8:45 a.m. Nondenominational Memorial service
- Listen to ACB Indiana Ohio Convention Sunday Worship Service
- 9:15 – 10:00 a.m. Exploring the possibilities for expanding transportation in your community
- Listen to Transportation Accessibility Technologies and Concerns